Update production schedules in real-time. Instead of only a few times a week
By taking into account all events taking place right across your manufacturing operation, DELMIAWORKS balances all production requirements and delivery demands with your sales orders to produce an optimised production schedule.
- On time delivery driven by customer demand
- Production planning that is accurate and timely
- Available materials, labour, equipment, etc. are optimised
- Cycle times are reduced
- Inventory costs are minimised
- Plant floor throughput optimised.
Meet Your Customers Demands. On Time, Every Time
- Optimise your manufacturing floor production schedule
- Updated in real-time from events in your supply chain
- Boost efficiency, cut costs & improve customer service
Ditch the spreadsheets. Complex planning & scheduling delivered effortlessly
Manufacturers running complex operations often use planning and scheduling software workflows to balance production based on forecasts and orders.
Having the ability to match your customer orders with fulfilment dates makes accurate capacity planning and scheduling a must-have. Without it you risk losing business and stifling growth.
Commit to customer orders with confidence
Respond and commit to customer orders with complete confidence with DELMIAWORKS’ capable to promise module by taking into account lead times, manufacturing capacity, plus available and planned inventory.
Watch the video below to learn more.
- Theory of Constraints algorithms provide the availability of inventory across your entire business
- Takes into account all planned inventory transactions, including in stock inventory, receipts, production, backlog and forecasts
- Displays materials, tooling and machine capacity in a single, comprehensive view
- Intuitive graphical charts and routing diagrams make it easy to see availability and constraints that could cause delivery delays
- Identifies potential purchasing issues by taking into account supplier lead times
- Uses machine capabilities and multi-level Bills of Manufacture to determine specific work centres and identify possible constraints
- User-defined shop floor calendar blocks off production capacity during holidays and plant closures
- Determines the impact of actual, existing and future human resource requirements in the production schedule
- Identifies and calculates earliest capable to promise date
- Identify and calculate the impact of a variety of key and sub-constraints on production
- Instantly create a sales order directly from the capable to promise screen. The capable to promise date is also automatically added into the promise date
- Evaluates the impact of planned maintenance schedules.
Understand the impact on your annual sales (past, present & future) based on current & future orders
It’s vitally important to be able to accurately understand your manufacturing throughput and how these impact resource requirements, revenues and profitability. DELMIAWORKS enables you to make informed business decisions for optimal performance so you can maintain customer satisfaction while maximising profits.
- Real-time integration with other DELMIAWORKS modules (including sales & inventory) enables accurate, collaborative forecasting based on actual data throughout your business
- supports multiple forecasts, including production forecasts for capacity planning and sales analysis forecasts for budgeting
- Automatically extract current or future pricing from the inventory master table to enable accurate sales forecasts
- Understand what materials and resources are needed, where they are needed and when they are needed so you can accurately meet customer inventory and production requirements
- Time phased planning is updated regularly with each material requirements & resource planning run
- View forecasts by customer, part or plant (including separate physical or logical plants)
- Include ‘what if’ scenarios and simulation formulae in your analysis
- Automatically covert forecasted orders into actual orders (eliminating the need to re-enter order information) and quickly schedule those orders
- Seamless integration with the financials module supports the construction of budgeted forecasts by cost elements
- Update your forecasts based on orders received electronically via EDI, ecommerce or web portals
- Real-time integration with shipping activity. Access sales and shipping information with the ability to compare projected sales and quantities by month, customer, order and/or part.
Meet manufacturing demand, whilst maintaining lean inventory levels
As well as managing manufactured item requirements and sub-assembly processes, DELMIAWORKS’ MRP also manages requirements planning at multiple locations and third-party vendors to coordinate operations across your entire supply chain to quickly and accurately match availability with demand.
By unifying time-phased planning window across both purchasing and production, DELMIAWORKS assesses material availability against scheduled manufacturing dates by taking into account current demand along side material lead times. Advanced planning functionality includes:
- Automated raw material ordering
- Both hard and soft allocation
- Ideal versus existing analysis
- Minimum and maximum planning
By taking the Bill of Material as its starting point, DELMIAWORKS checks for availability and identifies any issues stemming from:
- Available operator resources by standard schedules, qualification & skill level
- Conflicts with auxiliary equipment
- Machine availability which may affect production capacity such as maintenance, setup, etc. If production cannot be achieved in the requested schedule, DELMIAWORKS will identify the first available time and date that orders can be fulfilled
- Work centre availability based on the shop floor calendar against required hours per machine type.
Ensure you’ve got the optimum manufacturing environment
Being able to schedule production on your manufacturing shop floor, while maximising output and eliminating downtime is a complex process. DELMIAWORKS provides you with all the information you’ll need at your fingertips to ensure your shop floor is running at maximum capacity.
As one customer put it: ‘this is the best scheduling software I have ever used – it all ties together and takes into account the daily changes… the system is remarkable’.
DELMIAWORKS takes all the resources and costs required to meet your manufacturing demand, current production work orders and any projected on hand balances and then coverts that information into a production plan.
- Quickly and easily identify resource availability and any conflicts to ensure your production can meet delivery schedules
- Detailed reports provide information necessary to manage, plan and control your manufacturing operations
- Colour-coding visually highlights exceptions in your manufacturing operations that require action, such as changes to work order demand, quantity or time
- View the supply, demand, available to promise and running balance of each item based on the current sales order, forecast or dependent demand (demand for this part based on another part consuming it).
Scheduling your manufacturing operations doesn’t have to be a time consuming and complicated process
With DELMIAWORKS, you can create optimised production schedules with the minimum of downtime to ensure finished items are produced at just the right time in a matter of minutes for a single production facility or entire enterprise.
By taking into account every aspect of your manufacturing operations, DELMIAWORKS identifies and calculates plant capacity and generates a detailed production schedule all the way down from organisational to plant and even specific manufacturing work cell to meet your manufacturing requirements. The software will also take into account capabilities of third party providers, as well as sub-assemblies.
- Graphical representation of entire global manufacturing production schedule enabling you to identify the most efficient start-time and machine usage. Also, enables you to identify the availability of other manufacturing constraints such as tools and sub-assemblies
- Heijunka production levelling and Kanban project management functionality facilitates level load scheduling
- Drag and drop feature means you can quickly and easily add unscheduled work orders to the work centre schedule
- Schedule an entire work order, including sub-assemblies, secondary operations and any outsourced / purchased parts
- Drill-down into individual manufacturing jobs for information on work centres, staff resources, raw materials, scrap rates, setup times, yield efficiency, parts per calculations, etc
- Identify jobs and resources in your production that are running to schedule, those that are late and those could potentially be late
- Features advanced auto-finite scheduling to ensure you always meet deadlines by scheduling jobs by delivery date and most efficient work centre, etc.
- Highlight demand versus forecasted work orders
- Exceptions lists mean you can identify the materials and tools associated with a work order that are unavailable or need to be made earlier to meet your schedules
- Identify the machines that will manufacture a particular job most efficiently based on actual past production data
- Automatically uploads manufacturing schedules with work orders based on priorities and best combination of machines
- Never ne late with an order by defining per customer the number of days prior to a must start date that the software should schedule the production run
- Automatically make adjustments to the schedule based on unplanned events, for example changing customer requirements, machine downtime or below par performance or unavailable raw materials
- Protect the current schedule against further repositioning
- Compare material consumption against existing inventory in the daily projected requirements form
- Unlimited scheduling functionality enables flexible work centre, shipping priority and operator scheduling
- Rough cut capacity tools compare daily and weekly work centre required hours against available hours to ensure peak performance
- Staff resource planning to help determine future demand for human resources compared against normal operating levels
- Take into account scheduled preventative maintenance.
Tools in DELMIAWORKS planning & scheduling include:
- Available To Promise (ATP)
- Capable To Promise (CTP)
- Advanced Scheduling
- Master Production Schedule
- Material Resource Planning (MRP)
- “Runs Best” Optimisation
- Auxiliary Equipment
- Capacity Planning
- Dispatch Lists
- Forecasting / Planning
- Infinite & Finite
- Operator Capacity Planning
Plan for growth with DELMIAWORKS
Manufacturers across a wide range of sectors have used DELMIAWORKS to ditch the spreadsheets and move beyond non-manufacturing ERP systems to optimise their production scheduling. Take a look at the case studies below to find out how they’ve done just that.