We all try to work faster and more efficiently in everything we do.
And that’s no different when it comes to making sure we have the very best production processes in place within our manufacturing operations.
However, regardless of the size of our manufacturing plant, large or small, Operations Managers face multiple challenges when optimising those processes and schedules.
They often have to juggle available workforce resources, tools and machining, multiple suppliers and raw materials, alongside their customers’ deadlines.
If you’ve got to use legacy Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, antiquated demand or material requirements planning systems, or rely on spreadsheet models, printed job sheets and whiteboards with handwritten notes on them, or worse still, it’s stored ‘in someone’s head’, then it’s little wonder production schedules can so often become inefficient and manufacturing resources wasted.
Regardless of the tools used, the “scheduling process” described above is typically hectic and loosely documented (if at all).
Imagine for a moment what would happen to your operation if the people responsible for those production schedules were suddenly absent for more than a week due to illness or were on holiday, or left to start a new job or retired… would you break out in a cold sweat?
Join our next ‘Lunch & Learn’ demonstration to learn how DELMIAWorks goes way beyond simple shop floor scheduling and planning to help you .
During the 30-minute demonstration, you’ll:
- See an overview of production scheduling and planning in DELMIAWorks
- Learn wow you can respond – and commit – to customer demands with complete confidence, on time, every time
- Get the opportunity to ask any questions to better understand how DELMIAWorks’ production scheduling and planning combined with its unique BOMs structure can support your manufacturing business.
In our last session, we focused on what makes Bill of Materials (BOMs) in DELMIAWorks so unique for plastics manufacturers. Planning and scheduling is the natural next step in the process as you’ll be able to create your production schedule based on the information collected in each BOM.
Join us on Friday 9th June 2023 to learn:
- How you can update and optimise your production schedules in real-time, rather than only a few times a week
- How DELMIAWorks balances all your production requirements and delivery demands with your sales orders to produce the most effective and efficient production schedule
- How your schedule can be updated instantly depending on both internal and external events impacting your operation
- How scheduling your manufacturing operation doesn’t have to be time consuming or complicated any longer.
And if you can’t make the session, don’t forget to register anyway and we’ll send the recording after the event!
If you’d like to ask more questions about production scheduling and planning in DELMIAWorks and how it can impact your manufacturing operation, you can schedule a more in-depth discussion with a member of our team, who will happily show you more functionality and its application in different manufacturing processes.
Posted by Rob on 24th May 2023.