Deliver PHP applications faster & more secure on IBM i
Zend Server is the leading enterprise-grade platform for developing, deploying and running PHP applications on the IBM i.
PHP is the most world’s most popular web and mobile application programming language, running PHP applications and frameworks such as WordPress, Magento, Laravel, Symfony and, of course, Zend Framework.
Organisations and developers can quickly and easily develop, modernise and deploy applications in PHP on the IBM i, with the software infrastructure, tools and best practice from Zend.
By using Zend Server to run your PHP on IBM i applications, you can improve performance, reliability and scalability, whilst deploying web and mobile applications faster and reducing downtime so you can fast-track your IBM i modernisation strategies.
Running natively on the IBM i, Zend offers a simple and free download of Zend Server for IBM i. The Basic version of Zend Server comes complete with one-year of support at no extra cost.
Zend also offer Professional and Enterprise editions, which deliver more options and advanced features for support, monitoring and data retention. There is also Developer edition of Zend Server which would suit IBM i-based companies who maintain a separate LPAR for development and has been licenced and priced for development use only. It does mirror the features you receive in the Professional edition.
You can find out more about the Basic, Professional and Enterprise editions of Zend Server for IBM i below.
As well as running natively on the IBM i, Zend Server also delivers native packages for all leading Linux distributions, Windows and MAC OS X environments, plus popular Cloud environments including Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
Proximity is a certified Zend partner and has unrivalled experience of supporting, developing and maintaining PHP applications on the IBM i.
Get started with PHP on IBM i for free
- Zend Server offers a PHP stack direct from the creators of PHP
- The PHP Toolkit and XML Service give you access to native features of the IBM i.
- The Basic edition comes with support for one year only
- This includes web support with a response time of two business days, as well as PHP security fixes.
- A complete and optimised PHP stack, which includes DB2
- Over 80 PHP extensions
- Management of server configuration
- Deployment for both application & library
- Monitoring and root-cause analysis
- Data retained for two-hours
Please note: the Basic edition does not come with Zend’s Z-Ray product, which delivers simplified debugging and performance tuning for your PHP applications.
Run business critical PHP applications on IBM i
- In addition to the benefits of the Basic edition, the Professional edition helps you to improve the overall maintenance and management of the application environment.
- The Professional edition can effectively close the gap between your IT organisation and your development team, as well as improving response times and application up time.
- Professional support includes both phone and web support during business hours, with a response time of six business hours
- Professional users also receive long-term support for PHP versions.
- All Basic features are included in the Professional edition
- Simplify debugging, root-cause analysis and performance tuning for your PHP applications with Z-Ray
- Automated deployment
- Disaster recovery, including rollbacks of application deployment
- Monitoring and alerts
- A job queue with PHP batch processing integrated in
- Support for continuous delivery with integration APIs
- Data retained for three-months.
Run mission-critical & enterprise PHP applications on IBM i
- As well as all the key features included in Basic & Professional editions, you also get the peace of mind that comes with using a best-in-class SLA
- The Enterprise edition also features better security and compliance management capabilities than other editions
- For Enterprise users, phone support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and 365 days a year, with a response time of just two-hours.
- Enterprise support also includes customer requested fixes for Zend Framework and Apigility.
- All the Basic and Professional features are included in the Enterprise edition
- Improved compliance management with an audit trail
- Access control based on roles
- LDAP integration
- Authorisation on a per-application basis
- Java Bridge for Java connection
- Unlimited data retention
More detailed feature comparisons can be found on the Zend Server for IBM i page.
Find out more about fast-tracking PHP development on IBM i with Zend
As with any IBM i product from Fresche Solutions, Remain Software, Look Software or Raz-Lee, Proximity can provide additional IBM i staff resources to help kick start or complete a PHP on IBM i project using Zend Server, or we can manage the whole project on your behalf.
We can also help you determine the best strategy for developing and modernising your IBM i applications with PHP. Learn more about our IBM i services.