Take these six steps that lead up to a successful IBM i modernisation project
Many businesses rely heavily on their IBM i systems as much now as they’ve always done. In many cases they’ve been in place for years, and grown alongside the company.
These systems are essential to businesses, containing huge amounts of business-critical data.
As IBM i systems age though, new challenges arise in maintaining them. Outdated IBM i systems lead to operational inefficiencies, higher maintenance costs and integration challenges.
The risks associated with change increase as the system ages, and it can become hard to hire professionals with the right skills, and troublesome to onboard new employees, thanks to unfamiliar green screens.
Just as there are disadvantages to running an outdated IBM i system, there are further benefits to be had from modernising your system:
- The perceived value of your system will improve, in the eye of users
- The time taken to train new employees and developers will be reduced
- Executives and non-technical staff can easily be given access to critical data
- Integration with desktop and other systems is made easier too.
IBM i management and modernisation is what Fresche are all about. They help IBM i customers to benefit from modern technology.
Building a plan is the first step to modernisation, and this whitepaper is the first step to building your plan.
In the whitepaper, the six main steps leading to a successful modernisation are laid out like a roadmap for you:
- Analysing your application environment
- Finding the right strategy
- Aligning IT projects to the creation of business value
- Defining a time frame with quick wins
- Seeking input from application stakeholders
- Seeking external validation on strategy and approach.
Download the whitepaper and start mapping out your journey to IBM i application modernisation with Fresche