Take the smart approach to modernising your IBM i applications with Newlook
Newlook products have been built with developers in mind, with key features and functionality that makes maintaining, enhancing and evolving your IBM i applications simpler, and improves processes.
IBM i developers can select the products in the suite to meet your individual requirements. All the Newlook products are designed around the underlying dynamic recognition engine – meaning they are designed to work together seamlessly.
This allows you to easily extend and provide fast and secure access to business applications.
A new look for IBM i green screens in minutes
To automatically modernise 5250 green screens to modern UI’s for desktop, web and mobile, you need a powerful tool, like Newlook Developer. With Newlook Developer, you are able to extend the functionality of your IBM i applications, with the support of a rich set of GUI controls, direct database access, and web services, so that you can provide quick, secure and modernised access however and whenever you need it.
Newlook Developer was built for productivity and architecture for better maintainability.
Newlook was built with developers in mind, with key features and functionality that makes maintaining, enhancing and evolving your IBM i applications simpler, and improves processes. This allows you to easily extend and provide fast and secure access to business applications.
A key feature of Newlook Developer is Insights: a way for developers to record and import user behaviour, and immediately create a visual representation. Insights enables you to show the screens that are accessed most often, view user workflows and processes, and see most-used fields and navigation trends.
This data can be visualised by developers in a number of ways: coloured heat-maps, opacity heat-maps, or colour-coding. These graphics can be split down further, byt time spent or by visit, as well as being configurable by key information, or all available data. With this feature, developers can see where to focus modernisation and development efforts.
- Easily extend beyond your flat, green screen capabilities, with Newlook Developer’s unique, rules-based engine which transforms 5250 screens, dynamically
- Its easy for non-UI experts to develop intuitive, functional screens as Newlook Developer’s transformations are based on UI industry standards
- Newlook Developer offers advanced support to browser and mobile delivery, using CSS3 and HTML5
- Seamlessly integrate IBM i applications with other applications or technologies. This could include web, desktop and mobile, as well as other platforms, like Windows, Unix and Mainframe
- The built-in transaction recorder helps you to improve application workflow and processes. With it, you can pick up transactions or keystrokes any time, during the process, and use them to create reusable web services
- Developers have a single, integrated environment to develop and test from, with integrated error handling and debugging.
Access IBM i applications on-the-go, wherever and whenever you need them
Access IBM i applications from any device (including mobile devices), so long as it supports a browser – this is made possible, by supporting composite applications, and generating HTML5 zero-deployment user interfaces. By building on Newlook Developer’s dynamic architecture, Newlook Server can:
- Easily modernise your existing 5250 applications – whether or not you have source code for them
- Use RPG Open Access to extend existing applications and build, without 5250/DDS limits
- Infinitely scale, with no effect on IBM i workloads
- Support all modern devices and browsers, with a zero-deployment HTML5 User Interface
- Connect together all the components making up composite applications, with an integration layer.
No additional development effort is required when you deliver existing applications to the web using Newlook Server’s simple, out-of-the-box solution. Multiple, disparate applications can be integrated with web services, allowing you to present a unified web-based interface on any browser. You can also fully customise applications, with support for HTML5, RPG Open Access and CSS3 styling.
There’s no need to choose between web and native applications. Newlook Server offers all the benefits of a native application: offline access, full device integration, and rich styling and functionality options. Everything is optimised via the same simple IDE though, with templates for all the popular smartphones and tablets, so you don’t need to develop a separate solution for each device. You get all the flexibility associated with web delivery, too.
Using in conjunction with Newlook Developer, Newlook Server is the best way to make specific functions of your applications available via the web. With Newlook Server, you have the power to simultaneously serve thousands of users, as well as supporting enterprise applications into the future.
Deliver web and mobile interfaces for IBM i applications, with Newlook Server. Applications look good and work, with more power and simplicity.
Interact with your modernised IBM i applications
Dispel the myths surrounding the deployment and management issues of web applications with a client.
When developing 5250 green screen applications for the web, you want to have the ability to interact with that modernised application without losing any performance.
Newlook Smartclient doesn’t require any additional hardware or software and places no additional burdens on your IBM i.