Device History Record (DHR) & product lifecycle management (PLM): complete product lifecycle audit trail
Working in conjunction with IQMS’ product lifecycle management (PLM) module, the Device History Record (DHR) provides a complete audit trail of every product – from initial design all the way through quoting, manufacture, maintenance and finally, sunsetting.
By combining ERP, manufacturing, PLM and DHR data together, you can significantly streamline the product development process.
The DHR & PLM module enables manufacturers to:
- Deliver lean manufacturing by significantly reducing product development time, resource and costs, while at the same time improve customer satisfaction
- Reduce the time taken to deliver new products from initial concept to final delivery
- Deliver automated workflows to streamline process tracking and approvals
- Use historical data held on similar products to reduce manufacturing costs and eliminate redundant activity
- Provide the link between design activities, manufacturing and ERP.
Developing a new product cannot be seen as a purely internal process or procedure. In order to stay competitive on a global stage, manufacturers must be able to exploit opportunities inherent in global supply chains to bring products to market quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively alongside guaranteed customer service levels.
By using email and web-based workflow tools, IQMS’ PLM and DHR module promotes open communication with suppliers and customers through all stages of the lifecycle:
- Links all ERP and manufacturing related data directly with the PLM / DHR module, including quotes, inventory, project management, preventative maintenance, APQP, FMEA, PPAP, SPC and CRM
- CAD drawings, 3D product prints and other design drawings and documents are linked directly
- Access to all product manufacturing information in one place, including the number of rejects, engineering change information, process costs, deviations and order releases
- You can create PLM / DHR items and sub-items which will not impact on your master inventory until a quote is converted to a bill of material
- Manage corrective actions for each item in the PLM / DHR
- Maintain and monitor the history of customer calls, RMAs, profit / loss reports and much more
- Integrate with Material Review Board (MRB) activity