Complex Bill of Materials made easy: defining BOMs by manufacturing operation or process
IQMS’ bill of materials (BOM) is defined by your own particular manufacturing process or operation and can include.
- Work centres
- Staff resources/skills
- Raw materials
- Scrap rates
- Set-up times
- Auxillary equipment requirements, etc.
The modules graphical representation shows the part numbers and the resulting relationship between packaging, inserted components and secondary operations as well as tooling requirements, process notes and instructions.
“IQMS gave us real-time visibility of what was happening on the shop floor, providing accurate metrics and information during our confirmations (production reporting) in SAP.”
Jabil, precision plastics moulding manufacturer
Bill of Materials features:
- BOM module supports multiple manufacturing type definitions, each with their own unique elements which complement your manufacturing methodology
- Flexible to enable you to build an unlimited number of multi-level bills for component pieces, plus alternate and substitute bom routings
- Blend technology built in to the module to handle recipe management
- Supports management and scheduling of ‘pre-operations’, including blending or pre-processing
- Bill of material automatically feeds the work order to be scheduled on a work centre, meaning materials, assembly and scheduling are generated with extreme accuracy
- Each manufacturing configuration can consume any internal or external operations, labour, overheads and unlimited materials
- Define as many operations as required including the use of external vendors and any additional manufacturing standards
- Outsourcing BOM is linked to each supplier so you can easily monitor external operations
- Job travelers facility supports both internal and external documents and instructions
- Flexible units of measure automatically converts material quantities
- Family tools are supported and the bom module is designed to understand multiple part numbers within the same physical tool.