IQMS releases new track & trace module for EnterpriseIQ ERP software
A new module released by leading manufacturing ERP software & MES system provider, IQMS, provides manufacturers with the insights and intelligence for ensuring quality and easy, accurate reporting and tracking to support audits and compliance.
Increasingly, a proven track and traceability framework is not only a critical requirement for highly regulated markets, such as medical products, food and beverage, and automotive, but also for manufacturers across a range of industries.
IQMS press release provided details on the expanded track and trace functionality already in the IQMS manufacturing software ecosystem. The new module provides manufacturers with the additional data, insights and intelligence they need to easily and accurately provide documentation and product tracking to react and respond to recalls and meet industry regulations and quality audits.
Track and Trace supports a range of track and traceability requirements faced by manufacturers across different industries today, including the ability to:
- Improve production scheduling with visibility into products, parts, components and subassemblies availability and inventory levels.
- Increase customer service levels with timely and accurate order status information.
- Gain greater visibility into the product lifecycle to discover how a defective part was first introduced into production.
- Easily identify finished goods, components, and raw materials associated with a recall by lot number, serial number, and other identifiers as they move up and down the supply chain.
- Improve visibility into machine and work centre quality and efficiency to predict patterns and anticipate when defective parts are in a supplier delivery.
- Efficiently and effectively track and troubleshoot supplier performance and quality problems.
- Provide medical device markets with the required medical device product history for each unit produced.
- Quickly and easily view raw materials’ expiration dates when users are handling perishable materials, and plan production accordingly.
- Track materials’ expiration dates to reduce the waste and costs associated with spoilage.
Gary Nemmers, IQMS CEO said in the press release:
“Implementing a track and traceability framework has been a standard best practice among highly regulated industries for years. However, with quality and short time-to-delivery now top factors in defining manufacturers’ success, more companies are employing track and trace to quickly identify and mitigate issues before they impact their customers. With our new IQMS Track and Trace module, we are empowering these manufacturing businesses with powerful, web-enabled tools for ensuring the quality of products, enhancing communications with customers and suppliers, and providing the reporting and auditing trails required for compliance.”
Rich, Web-Enabled Track and Trace Functionality
The Track and Trace module is a web-enabled suite of tools that allows IQMS customers to quickly find critical information related to recall and analysis for lot traceability, time-sensitive materials and expiration dates, sales order status, and more. Featuring modern search functionality, it expands manufacturers’ ability to search for various types of data, including shipment serial number and purchase order receipt to the lot level, packing slip, work order, and label number among others. Additionally, manufacturers can take advantage of product groupings and drill down capabilities to quickly track the location of an item, component, or raw material, as well as its status and supplier source.
At the same time, Track and Trace is designed to easily share key data with manufacturers, and built-in, item-based security lets customers selectively choose which data elements they prefer to share. Using the module, manufacturers can then use customisable reports to instantly print detailed tracking reports that meet US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and quality audits, along with other customer and compliance reporting requirements.
IQMS Integrated System Built for Manufacturers
Track and Trace is part of the comprehensive IQMS system integrates MES and ERP functionality into a comprehensive solution in which all data—from systems and Internet of Things (IoT) sensors on the shop floor to the back office—is managed by the same embedded Oracle database. This empowers manufacturing enterprises to take a streamlined approach to centralising activity across the supply chain and ensuring that complete, accurate information is available to all authorised users at all times.
Through IQMS’s Choice is the New Cloud™ program, customers have access to three deployment models designed for the needs of manufacturers. These include options to have a cloud-based subscription, their own IQMS licence running in a hosted cloud, or licensed IQMS software running in their own data centres—either on servers or in a private cloud.