The Holistic Manufacturing: Optimising Plastics Processing event is a hosted by BPF (the British Plastics Federation) in Manchester on 25th June 2018.
Free to attend for BPF members, the event includes an exclusive programme of presentations and a tabletop exhibition, along with the opportunity to meet and network with others in the British plastics manufacturing sector.
As the leading trade organisation for the plastics sector in the UK, the BPF has 450+ members, as well as 1,200 affiliated members, representing over 75% of the plastics industry by turnover. The BPF represent members from across the UK plastics supply chain, including polymer producers and suppliers, additive manufacturers, recyclers, services providers, end users, plastics processors and machinery manufacturers.
The tabletop exhibition features IQMS alongside other BPF Equipment members.
Proximity is supporting our partner IQMS in exhibiting at Holistic Manufacturing: Optimising Plastics Processing. IQMS supply ERP software, MES systems and automation solutions for the plastics manufacturing sector.
IQMS has decades of experience in the plastics manufacturing industry, and EnterpriseIQ offers world-leading functionality for the plastics sector. Some IQMS functionality that plastics manufacturers may find especially useful include re-defined BOM templates for blow moulding, compounding, extrusion / co-extrusion, injection and thermoforming.
Besides the networking and exhibition opportunities at the event, there is also a planned programme of speakers and sessions. You can see a full seminar programme here. Sessions include:
- Introduction from the Chairman of the BPF Moulders and Specialist Processors Group, Wilf Davis (MD, Broanmain Plastics)
- Process optimisation and future-proofed production through automation, David Wilkins (MD, PRP Polymer Engineering)
- Measuring your way to success: process optimisation through monitoring – a case study, Andy Jewell (Intouch)
- Delivering competitive technical solutions to increase productivity, enhance product quality and meet environmental challenges, Christopher Stuart (BOC)
- Planning for efficiency: Process optimisation through plant design and equipment choices, Wilf Davis (MD, Broanmain Plastics)
BPF members are able to attend the event for free, though they are encouraged to register (here) to guarantee their place, as spaces are limited.